We are pleased to report that the board has completed its Request for Proposals process and has selected a new HOA management company to replace HRW. Our new manager will be Berkeley Property Management, LLC. This new company is an offshoot of a long-established Virginia company. Most notably, the three principals of Berkeley are all Southern Village residents. Our three neighbors taking on the role of HOA managers are Suzanne Kalbas, Tony Smith and Scott Wojnovich. We believe that having our community managers also be members of the association will help ensure that the organization is consistently managed for the benefit of its members. For a description of the selection process we used, and our evaluation of the competing bids we received, you can click here. The new contract will come into effect on January 1, 2008. As details of the transition plan from HRW to Berkeley are confirmed we will provide new contact information.
Search this site
Join the Southern Village Voice, the community's new email listserv. Here are just a few of its great uses:
- Find a babysitter for Saturday night
- Sell your dining room table
- Check on the date for swim team sign ups
- Share with the group a wonderful painter, carpenter, electrician
- Discuss community issues like safety and real estate pricing trends
- Find neighbors to start a book group, cooking club, etc.
- See what's new on Market Street: Events, Movies, Shopping, etc.
To join Southern Village Voice, send an email with your name, address, and phone number to email@example.com
Mailing List Sign Up