Christ United Methodist Church Announces Supply Drive to Help Neighbors
Overrun with multiple packages of D batteries? Were you one of the lucky ones who bought 24 gallons of water that you never used? If you have extra hurricane supplies, our neighbors in North and South Carolina could use them as the clean up and recovery process begins after Hurricane Florence. Christ United Methodist Church, 800 Market Street, Southern Village, in Chapel Hill will collect items Wednesday-Thursday, 9:00 am – 5:00 pm, Friday, 9:00am-noon, and Sunday, 8:30 am – noon at the main church building. A member of our pastoral team will help get your donations inside.
Needed items include:
– Unopened nonperishable foods (canned goods, granola bars, healthy bagged snack foods, packaged fruit cups, etc.)
– Unopened medical/First Aid supplies (bandages, gauze, cortisone cream, etc.)
– Bug spray and sunscreen
– Water (unopened containers)
– Shelf stable drinks such as juice boxes
– Paper goods (bowls, cups, plastic utensils, napkins)
We cannot accept opened food, candles, propane, perishable food items, or alcoholic beverages.
If you have questions, please call the church at (919) 969-8820.